Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM search function 6.5

Level 4

Hi

In 6.5 tagged an asset and then i tried to go to the sites console and search for particular term.  I presume this omnisearch from sites console should automatically also bring up tagged assets as well as pages? 

Right now only bringing up pages and no tagged assets.  Is there some extra development we need to do?   At the bottom of this document https://docs.adobe.com/help/en/experience-manager-65/authoring/essentials/search.html   there is a pipeline board shorts assets that came up . so i wondered why ours isnt bringing up the assets as well. 

key-key_0-1592571722906.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @key-key 

Let me first clarify things about the screenshot you have attached. In the screenshot, the "Pipeline Board shorts" card you see is not an asset but a live copy which is also a page.

If you just want to search by term, and search all assets and pages, you can try this.

1. Go to sites and select filters, it will open up the search bar like this:
Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-31-08.png

2. Now remove "Location:Sites" filter from search bar, the screen will appear like this:

Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-46-47.png

3. Now whatever search you will enter here will bring you both assets and pages

Screenshot from 2020-06-20 03-04-48.png

You can get list of assets and pages tagged with a particular tag with classic way:

1. Go to http://localhost:4502/tagging

2. Go to the tag and right click on it
Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-55-24.png

3. Select list option nd it will show you all the pages/assets tagged with this particular tag.

Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-57-43.png

Thanks,

Nupur

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Remove the filter "Location:sites" you will be able to see the dam assets as well

issueExperienceLeauge.PNG

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @key-key 

Let me first clarify things about the screenshot you have attached. In the screenshot, the "Pipeline Board shorts" card you see is not an asset but a live copy which is also a page.

If you just want to search by term, and search all assets and pages, you can try this.

1. Go to sites and select filters, it will open up the search bar like this:
Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-31-08.png

2. Now remove "Location:Sites" filter from search bar, the screen will appear like this:

Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-46-47.png

3. Now whatever search you will enter here will bring you both assets and pages

Screenshot from 2020-06-20 03-04-48.png

You can get list of assets and pages tagged with a particular tag with classic way:

1. Go to http://localhost:4502/tagging

2. Go to the tag and right click on it
Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-55-24.png

3. Select list option nd it will show you all the pages/assets tagged with this particular tag.

Screenshot from 2020-06-20 02-57-43.png

Thanks,

Nupur

Employee

As per the screenshot highlighted above, this "pipeline board shorts" is not an asset but a page which is stored in crxde as cq:page type. To get the asset in your search result, you need to search for assets using the Omnisearch field at the top of the Experience Manager web interface. Go to Assets > Files in Experience Manager, click search icon in top bar, enter search keyword, and press return. Alternatively, use the keyword shortcut / (forward slash) to open the Omnisearch field. Location:Assets is pre-selected to limit the searches to DAM assets. Experience Manager provides suggestions as your start typing a search keyword.

Use the Filters panel to narrow your search by filtering search results based on the various options (predicates), such as, file type, file size, last modified date, status of asset, insights data, and Adobe Stock licensing. See [0] for more details.