Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM RTE styles plugin selects more than one option in the dropdown

Level 3

Hi, 
I have implemented the RTE styles from this documentation plugin but the is one issue. I'm able to select more than one option at the same time from the dropdown

1668803_pastedImage_5.png 

I want only one style selected at once just like the paraformat dropdown

I checked other answers regarding this issue but couldn't find any custom plugin or OOTB solution. Please let me know if anybody has developed a solution for this.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hr-empd

I just tested the functionality and I believe it is the default behavior of the styles plugin. 

As there can be a span tag inside a span tag, the multi-select option is enabled to styles and it is valid behavior.

for example, take a look at this element.

BattiniSravan_0-1650212070755.png

here I created styles likes this.

BattiniSravan_1-1650212202980.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @hr-empd

I just tested the functionality and I believe it is the default behavior of the styles plugin. 

As there can be a span tag inside a span tag, the multi-select option is enabled to styles and it is valid behavior.

for example, take a look at this element.

BattiniSravan_0-1650212070755.png

here I created styles likes this.

BattiniSravan_1-1650212202980.png

Level 3

Hi @B_Sravan 

yes this behavior is fine from coding perspective but its confusing in the authoring interface. Can we change this so that only one value is selected at a time in the styles dropdown

Level 4

@hr-empd I have the same problem. Can you customize it to select only one style?

Employee Advisor

Hi,

As far as I know, this is the default OOTB behavior and works as expected.