Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Reporting - Page Reports

Level 7

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a report of all pages published.by AEM.

I noted that there is an OOB report "Page Activity Report", under Tools --> Reports.

Its column "Type" lists the type of activity for that page and "Page modified", "New version created" are the only values I see, when I run this report.

If there is an activity value "Published", I could filter the list by this activity and achieve my goal.

Some of these pages were published, but still this is the behavior.

Please suggest how I could get the list of published pages, as much as possible, as an OOB feature.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Well,

Published status of the page does appear on many consoles and adding in this report isn't that big deal. However, it is something never came up and probably never asked for. All I can say, Raise a day care ticket to get this fix.

We suggest AEM to clients, saying that it has so much of OOB functionality, and so we could avoid customization efforts!

On a lighter note: This is the sales team line. We as a developer should not suggest so.smiley

Jitendra

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

@Rama,

There isn't a way to add another column in existing Grid columns & populate data accordingly. Though, There is a configuration (com.day.cq.reporting.impl.ConfigServiceImpl) for this functionality, But it is only for those fields which are already there.

So, All I can say, you might have to extend it or create your own reporting UI.

---

Jitendra 

Employee Advisor

You can fire the following SQL2 query to get the list of all active pages in AEM. 

select * from [cq:PageContent] AS s where s.[cq:lastReplicated] IS NOT NULL AND ISDESCENDANTNODE(s,[/content])

Level 7

Hi,

AEM is a WCM solution and page publishing is its heart.

In this context, when we are talking about a page activity report, published status not being present in it is a big news!

Probably, Adobe should suggest a solution to this problem and make it a feature request in its upcoming releases.

What is the use of offering an out of box functionality, that is unusable?

We suggest AEM to clients, saying that it has so much of OOB functionality, and so we could avoid customization efforts!

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Well,

Published status of the page does appear on many consoles and adding in this report isn't that big deal. However, it is something never came up and probably never asked for. All I can say, Raise a day care ticket to get this fix.

On a lighter note: This is the sales team line. We as a developer should not suggest so.smiley

Jitendra

Level 5

Hi All,

ACS report will be very helpful for this use case. You will get the "replication status" of the page. Please follow the below steps.

1. Install latest ACS commons on AEM author instance.

2. Open path var/acs-commons/reports/sample-page-report.html?wcmmode=disabled with prefix of your domain name. e.g. localhost:4502/var/acs-commons/reports/sample-page-report.html?wcmmode=disabled.

3. Fill the path e.g. /content/rashidjorvee

4. Execute report and download. Below is the screenshot for better understanding.

RashidJorvee_0-1629211541150.png

Thank you! hope this helps.