Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Package manager - readding deleted items that are not in source

Level 4

Hey all,

I had a question about the AEM package manager + Maven builds

We have a Maven build that we use as our source code which places everything into our AEM instance - specifically lots of stuff in the apps and the etc folder. I deleted some old images, css, and js from a specific folder in our /etc/designs folder on source as well as in CRXDE. Somehow, these items keep getting added in package manager despite not being in source and at the time, not being in CRXDE.

How do I stop the package manager from pulling (cached?) files on install and putting them back into CRXDE after I deleted them in source and deleted them in CRXDE?

Thanks

Brendan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

It's definitely inside my Maven build - looks like its caching files from somewhere.

I managed to use Notepad ++ file in files to find where it was being cached and taht solved my issue.

Thanks for your help and suggestions smac!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

WHen you delete nodes from the JCR - rebuild the package - it will pick up the new nodes and disregard deleted nodes.

Level 4

I deleted from the JCR using CRXDE, rebuild the package and uploaded a new maven build but no luck. The files still keep appearing.

For reference, these files keep popping up even after I delete them.

1437021_pastedImage_0.png

And my source looks like this - No reference to them whatsoever

1437022_pastedImage_1.png

But somehow every time I build and push my package it comes back up. It added them back in for some reason with that A next to it. Could this be a maven cache thing?

1437083_pastedImage_2.png

Level 10

After you delete the nodes from the JCR - rebuild the existing package.

Then download the package (place the ZIP in a DESKTOP folder) and  un-install the package. This removes all the nodes from the JCR.

When you re-install the package - all the unwanted files will be gone.

Level 4

Thanks for the suggestion - that works until I upload a new Maven build. Every time I upload a maven build they come back. I'm going to have to see if I can find inside Maven if they are cached somewhere. Its either that or the JCR.

Correct answer by
Level 4

It's definitely inside my Maven build - looks like its caching files from somewhere.

I managed to use Notepad ++ file in files to find where it was being cached and taht solved my issue.

Thanks for your help and suggestions smac!