Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Number Field with decimal value as Zero

Level 2

Hi,

While authoring AEM dialog with number field, The decimal values it's rounding off... only If the decimal value is "zero"

Ex: if we enter 13.0 rounding off to 13

13.00 rounding off to 13

Is it possible to keep the same value(Whatever authored) as 13.0/13.00 instead of 13 using the number field? 

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Try using typeHint. Add a hidden field with name = <numberField'sName>@TypeHint and value= Long

Also check this post https://www.argildx.com/technology/how-to-change-data-type-typecast-in-aem-use-typehint/

Level 5

Hi @vasgurug ,

Which version of coral you are using. Please use below as sling:resourceType in dailog. Then it will work as expected .

Capture.PNGgranite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/numberfield.

To work with Coral UI-2. please step property as below.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Level 2
With Coral it's holding the value but we are still using the granite(granite/ui/components/foundation/form/numberfield) … Is there any way

Administrator
@Sandeep6, good to see you back in the AEM community. Community need SMEs like you. Keep helping other.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

@Sandeep6 @Bhuwan_B 

If we try using the below way it's worked using coral UI-3(granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/numberfield)

But not working with AEM 6.4 and if we use Coral UI-2 (granite/ui/components/foundation/form/numberfield) 

let me know if there is a way in Coral UI-2 ?

Community Advisor

Hi @vasgurug 

Suggested to use coral 3 widget(s) (granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/numberfield), if you want to get is work with coral 2 widget parse the value to Double while rendering, coral 2 widget trims .0 on field blur.

-AG

Level 2
Thanks. I am looking for solution to hold the value at widget (dialog) level while authoring entering decimal value with .00

Community Advisor

@vasgurug 

Use the following properties

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/numberfield"
step="any"
min="0"
typeHint="double"