Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Modernization Tool | All in one Conversion tool | Creating page versions

Community Advisor

HI Team , 

I am facing issue with aem modernization tool - all in one conversion - the tool is creating pre modernize version of the page but not updating the structure as per editable template and component rules 

Has anybody faces this issue before ?

PallaviShukla_3007_0-1655134022100.png

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes @arunpatidar I compared- It seems there is some issue with the rename component field -it is only renaming the components which are present in the page.

PallaviShukla_3007_0-1655210561243.png

Ideally the template structure can vary and cannot have same components across pages. Moreover seems the component order field takes accounts of only static template fields not the editable one.

Looks like there needs to be some customization that needs to be done to match the project requirement 

Community Advisor

Hi @Pallavi_Shukla_ 

Do you also wants to add new nodes? I think editable template can take of it if added in the dynamic template's structure node.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

hi @arunpatidar We are working on a content migration project from static to editable templates - for new pages created with new editable templates we are seeing the structure node, but for existing pages, we are trying to use the AEM  modernization tool ( all in one conversion ) to re-structure the existing page- which needs scenarios where we need to add new nodes so that to map the static template page to the new one.

Community Advisor

Thanks for clarification @Pallavi_Shukla_ 
Make sure you recheck the pages after changing the template of existing pages. Because Structure part of dynamic template will be reflecting for existing pages as well without content adding extra nodes.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Pallavi_Shukla__0-1658834251813.png

The issue was due to a mismatch between rename components and order- seems we need to rename the components as per requirement and then order those renamed component to make the template conversion work as expected