Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM integrate with SDL TMS Translation Connect issue

Level 2

Hi All,

My AEM platform is 6.2 and my project is using SDL TMS Translation Connector-1.0.10 for site page translation. We are using the Human Translation, several pages I accept Translations and translation job status turned to "Approved", however, the status will be changed back to "Ready for Review" several seconds later, I can't complete this translation job. 

I also checked the server log, there is no any error happened during the status change. I am not sure if this is the SDL TMS connector defect or AEM defect? Any solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Michael,

Ready for review means aem send all the content to TMS & nothing pending in AEM.   Login at TEM & approve then the status will change.    If you have done that already then sounds like problem can be anywhere & needs a screen sharing session. I would recommend to reach to official connector team.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Michael,

Ready for review means aem send all the content to TMS & nothing pending in AEM.   Login at TEM & approve then the status will change.    If you have done that already then sounds like problem can be anywhere & needs a screen sharing session. I would recommend to reach to official connector team.

Thanks,

Level 3

Hi Michael

Since you have accepted the translation at AEM and status was changed to 'Approved' once, this means that SDL TMS connector is probably changing the status again. For one of the connectors built by our organisation, we were playing around with these 'status' a lot. From my perspective either this is a defect in SDL TMS connector or there is some missing configuration which is required for approval part to work. So yes, as MC Stuff has mentioned, you should probably reach out to the connector team.

~ Dipti

Level 2

Thank you Dipti and MC stuff for the response, I will reach to SDL TMS team.

Level 2

Hi Michael,

Can you help me on how to get the TMS Server URL and TMS Configuration Id . As these are required while creating SDL TMS Configuration in Cloud Services of AEM.

I have already signup account on SDL: Language Translation & Content Management Company

I want to use this translator in AEM 6.2 but am not able to proceed .Please help.

Thanks & regards,

Sonal Sahu

Level 1

Hi All,
I am using human translation for a page which pushes the data(as an xml string) to my server and its successfully done.
But now i am finding a solution how do i get the response(The translated xml string) from my server into AEM so that the translated page is displayed??
I am stuck here from quite long.Can someone give the helpful reply to me ??

Thanks In Advance.
Majid.

Level 3

Hi Sonal

These TMS are generally paid. You would need to reach out to SDL sales team.

Thanks

Dipti

Level 3

Hi Majid

I am assuming that you are able to get the translated XML from your server. Now once the XML is there, you can follow two approaches:

1. If you are using Translation API (similar to bootstrap translation framework), then you can retrieve TranslatedDocument object and then use TranslationObject's available methods to set the xml. Reference service file:

aem-translation-framework-bootstrap-connector/BootstrapTranslationServiceImpl.java at master · Adobe...

2. You can extract the translated values from XML and then set it in jcr:content using JCR API.

Thanks

Dipti

Level 1

Hi Dipti,
Thanks for the valuable reply.
I use bootstrap translation framework : I use this method uploadTranslationObject for posting to my server and one request is completed.

I just have a small doubt like i use human translation the response will be coming after some X delay time.Now i am wondering how to i get the response once the translated response is ready from my server??

I have the logic of returning the translated xml on my server but question is how do i return it?? I mean where should my server post on some api or will ame keeps constantly looking for the response?

Can you please let me know with a small code or a existing method? I need to find in which method of the code will the response from server will be handled ??

Your Thankfully,

Majid.

Level 1

Hi Dipti,
Can you please help in this?

Level 7

I believe you need to write a scheduler/polling config that makes a call to your to TMS and check status of your job and if finished, pull it and store in JCR as Dipti mentioned above

Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dipti,

we are using AEM 6.1 and sdl connector com.adobe.granite.translation.connector.sdlws.pkg-6.1.0-1.1.5.zip

Is that feature to approve translation also available for AEM 6.1?

We can not find it...

Thank you,

Raymund