Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM Forms

Level 4

Hi,

Is there any way to upload/update/add the attachments(pdf/img/jpg etc) through CRXDE?

Please let me know the possible solutions.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @Shreyas_tm as I said above you can't directly attach any pdf under a certain path via crx de.
For this, you have to upload a pdf via dam at http://localhost:4502/assets.html/content/dam/your_project_name/payload
By doing so you will find your assets in crxde at /content/dam/your_project_name/payload

You can use the above behavior to make packages and then use upload them in crxde.
For example: say you have to upload a new pdf under payload.
step 1: upload the same pdf via dam
step 2: create a package for the same from crxde
step 3: Now even if you delete the pdf in crxde, you always have a package. You can use that to upload the pdf again in crxde.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 6

Hi @Shreyas_tm, every asset you upload in dam is stored as a node in crxde. The location is /content/dam/your_project_name
You can't upload any upload/update/add any asset there directly.

However, you can first upload your assests via dam and download the package from crxde (/content/dam/your_project_name/your_images). That way, you will get the node data. You can use this package or its inside content individually to upload/add assets in other crxde.

Level 4

@kapil_rajoria , I got this. Thanks!

For AEM Forms how can it be done? OR how is it? Can we directly upload the attachments?

How do we select the the attachments and add it through crxde? 

Is there any way?

Level 6

Hi @Shreyas_tm did you check:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/adaptive-forms/a...

There's no need to touch crxde while using AEM forms for file attachment. The attached file automatically uploads to the required path in crxde.
If you still want to update the file attached, consider making a package of the new and old and then replace the old by uploading the package.

Level 4

Hi @kapil_rajoria ,Thanks!

Yes. But wanted to check whether can we attach the pdf under the payload path in crxde. Is it possible?

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @Shreyas_tm as I said above you can't directly attach any pdf under a certain path via crx de.
For this, you have to upload a pdf via dam at http://localhost:4502/assets.html/content/dam/your_project_name/payload
By doing so you will find your assets in crxde at /content/dam/your_project_name/payload

You can use the above behavior to make packages and then use upload them in crxde.
For example: say you have to upload a new pdf under payload.
step 1: upload the same pdf via dam
step 2: create a package for the same from crxde
step 3: Now even if you delete the pdf in crxde, you always have a package. You can use that to upload the pdf again in crxde.