Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM Forms - How to dynamically embed pdfs in XFA based xdp template at runtime.

Level 2

EnvAEM Forms 6.5 SP-12, On Prem

XML Payload for outputservice:

<RootElement>

<FirstName>FirstName</FirstName>

<FirstName>LastName</FirstName>.

<DocSource1>sampleContent1.pdf</DocSource1>

<DocSource2>sampleContent2.pdf</DocSource2>

<DocSource3>sampleContent3.pdf</DocSource3>

<DocSource4>sampleContent4.pdf</DocSource4>

</RootElement>

The above is the xml structure I am receiving as dynamic data to input XDP template. The Original SampleContent1,2,3,4.pdf exists in the file system. (Please note in XDP template these pdf will not be pre-built, We will get it like pdf files only).

I am using live cycle Designer to create XDP template and are using Document services (OutputService/ FormsService) of AEM 6.5 to generate the final pdf.

Document doc = outputService.generatePDFOutput(xdpTemplate, xmlDocument, outputOptions);

Here question is

• How can I embed these pdfs (provided in xml input as above) in xdp template at run time.
  • Have anyone worked in the similar scenario and what are the possibilities for such use cases to be executed
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nitin_seth ,

Appreciate if you post this question to the dedicated AEM Forms Community here to have better response: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-forms/ct-p/adobe-experienc...

Good Luck!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nitin_seth ,

Appreciate if you post this question to the dedicated AEM Forms Community here to have better response: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-forms/ct-p/adobe-experienc...

Good Luck!

Regards,

Santosh