Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Form Fragment in Cloud

Level 2

We are migrating from On Premise to AEM Cloud. We noticed that while creating a Form fragment, we are not able to add custom AEM components to the Fragment. We can only add OOTB form components. Also the designs are getting stored under /libs/settings/wcm/designs/fd/af/default.

We tried overriding the default template used for creating the Form Fragment but no luck.

Our Requirement is to add Custom AEM components to Form Fragment. Any pointers would be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @king7,

I think that the easiest (maybe the only one) way to achieve your requirement will be to add your custom AEM components into Adaptive Form component group. Here is a sample result.

component-crx.jpg

component-in-sidebar.jpg

I do not think it will be possible to do it the other way around. Mainly because the static template which can be found under /libs/fd/af/templateForFragment/defaultFragmentTemplate that is used to create Form Fragments is marked as granite:FinalArea. Which means that node is classified as final and cannot be overlaid or inherited.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @king7,

I think that the easiest (maybe the only one) way to achieve your requirement will be to add your custom AEM components into Adaptive Form component group. Here is a sample result.

component-crx.jpg

component-in-sidebar.jpg

I do not think it will be possible to do it the other way around. Mainly because the static template which can be found under /libs/fd/af/templateForFragment/defaultFragmentTemplate that is used to create Form Fragments is marked as granite:FinalArea. Which means that node is classified as final and cannot be overlaid or inherited.