Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

AEM Eclipse Plugin issue - AEM Dev Tools

Level 10

I have installed AEM plugin for eclipse following 'AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse'.

When I try to create a new AEM project, though it creates the project successfully in eclipse, it throws a below exception and the export of this project into AEM server will not be completely successful.  Any pointers to solve this would be helpful !

Publishing failed
Failed installing bundle : Dir D:\CQ_Workspace\aemeclipsetest\core\target\classes does not exist
Dir D:\CQ_Workspace\aemeclipsetest\core\target\classes does not exist
Failed publishing path=/apps/aemeclipsetest/tests, result=JcrResult[ success:false, exception: org.apache.sling.ide.transport.RepositoryException - javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition found for {}dependencies]
Failed publishing path=/content/aemeclipsetest, result=JcrResult[ success:false, exception: org.apache.sling.ide.transport.RepositoryException - javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching child node definition found for {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}content]
Failed installing bundle : Dir D:\CQ_Workspace\aemeclipsetest\it.tests\target\classes does not exist
Dir D:\CQ_Workspace\aemeclipsetest\it.tests\target\classes does not exist

Thanks,

bsloki

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Windows is known issue & have to wait till next public release. Or you can build yourself which is upgrade safe.  Here by attaching my build copy & follow below steps

1)    Download  org.apache.sling.ide.p2update-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.zip from https://sendnow.acrobat.com/?i=wyjeEB48UWqZDgxbCBDlhA

2)   In Eclipse, open the Help menu -> Install New Software ->  Add ->  Archieve -> point to zip file downloaded above  ->  select plugins and Accept the lincense agreements and click Finish.

3)   unchecked AEM plugin in preferences.

4)    Now verify with Export

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
    Level 10

Windows is known issue & have to wait till next public release. Or you can build yourself which is upgrade safe.  Here by attaching my build copy & follow below steps

1)    Download  org.apache.sling.ide.p2update-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.zip from https://sendnow.acrobat.com/?i=wyjeEB48UWqZDgxbCBDlhA

2)   In Eclipse, open the Help menu -> Install New Software ->  Add ->  Archieve -> point to zip file downloaded above  ->  select plugins and Accept the lincense agreements and click Finish.

3)   unchecked AEM plugin in preferences.

4)    Now verify with Export

Level 10

Perfect !! that worked.. Thanks Sham...

Level 4

I'm facing the same issue.

I installed org.apache.sling.ide.p2update-1.0.4.zip then I uninstalled the AEM developer tools plugin but I still get the same error reported in this post. What do you mean with "3)   unchecked AEM plugin in preferences."?

Thank you

Level 10

The log file states that your states target\classes do not exist. Have you properly set them up? Can you submit a screen shot pls. 

Level 10

Hi Smac,

Yes, I have followed the exact steps given in the document. PFA the screenshot for the reference.