Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM dialog conversion tool issues with some of the widgets

Level 1

Hi All,

I tried using the AEM dialog conversion tool to convert all my classic dialogs to touch ui dialogs. For simpler  xtype the tool is fine. But i am getting some issues with few xtype like:

1. Richtext
  2. Datepicker
  3. Custom multifield
  4. HTML5smartimage
  5. Select

So i wanted to know how should i go ahead with the complex or custom xtypes so that the touch ui conversion is correct?

Any help will be Appreciated!

Thanks,

Minakshi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Minakshi,

AEM dialog conversion tool has own limitation & not suit for complex one. If you have such complex and repeated dialogs in many place,  then define your own custom rewrite rule.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Manually place the JCR nodes in the dialog where the tool did not convert them. If you are unsure - see this article that includes how to build a Touch UI dialog using CRXDE lite:

Scott's Digital Community: Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI component

Notice that all nodes are type nt:unstructured and you set the sling:resourceType to a valid data type.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Minakshi,

AEM dialog conversion tool has own limitation & not suit for complex one. If you have such complex and repeated dialogs in many place,  then define your own custom rewrite rule.

Thanks,

Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion. Actually i am new to touch ui so cannot find a proper way for converting the dialogs to touch ui. It would be great if you can explain me or provide some useful links for the same.

Thanks,

Minakshi