Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM development environment set up

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am new to AEM, can anyone please guide me about how to set up the development environment.I am using windows 64 bit desktop.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Below is a very good guide on setting up your environment and tutorial on developing a site in AEM

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

Read this:- Run Modes

//There are two pairs of mutually exclusive run modes; for example, you can:

• define either author or publish, not both at the same time
  • combine author with either samplecontent or nosamplecontent (but not both)

So default when you open AEM instance by double-clicking, it will open author + samplecontent Which is used by devs.

There is one more concept here to open AEM instance in Debug mode: java -jar cq-quickstart-6.0.0.jar -debug 10123

Read more here:- How to Develop AEM Projects using IntelliJ IDEA

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 7

Hi,

Refer below links which helps you to get started and setup the development environment -

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/deploy.html#Getting%20Started

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/deploy/command-line-start-and-stop.html

For developing on AEM it is quite common to use an instance installed on your local machine running Apple OS X or desktop versions of Microsoft Windows or Linux. For more information, refer: Technical Requirements

Customers with a valid maintenance and support contract should have received a mail notification with a code and be able to download AEM from the Adobe Licensing Website. Business partners can request download access from spphelp@adobe.com. For additional information see Download AEM.

The AEM software package is available in two foms:

cq-quickstart-6.3.0.jar: A standalone executable jar file that includes everything needed to get up and running.

cq-quickstart-6.3.0.war: A war file for deployment in a third-party application server. For details on installing AEM in an application server see Application Server Install.

Note: Generally, when you set up Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), you need to set up an Author and a Publish instances.

Installation procedures for these are described in Installing an Author instance and Installing an Publish instance.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Correct answer by
Employee

Below is a very good guide on setting up your environment and tutorial on developing a site in AEM

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

Regards,

Opkar