Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse

Employee

In case you missed it, AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse was released today. You will find instillation instructions and documentation all at: http://eclipse.adobe.com/aem/dev-tools/.

9 Replies

Level 3

Are there plans for a similar intelliJ integration?

Employee

Plans for AEM Developer Tools for IntelliJ are not available.  We will post when available.

Level 3

Charlie Shafton wrote...

Plans for AEM Developer Tools for IntelliJ are not available.  We will post when available.

Hi Charlie,

Does this mean that Adobe is working on it but it's not ready yet, or that Adobe is not even thinking about it right now?

Employee

smiley Hir Kristian!  We are thinking/ working on many items right now but can not make any commitments as to timelines. 

Level 3

Hi,

I have been creating project with the developer tool plugin in Eclipse and all works fine smiley

Now, I need to share the project that I have made with my colleague. When he opens the project in Eclipse, the plugin does not recognise it as Developer Tools project. That is, 

1. The option to convert to a content project is disabled

2. JCR properties are not displayed, intstead .content.xml is displayed in AEM perspective.

Could you please let me know how can I convert or open a (content) project so that Eclipse identifies it as a AEM Developer Plugin project.

Thanks,

-ashtrick

Level 1

Hello - This looks really useful, but I cannot find any documentation showing how to use this with an existing Maven project, or using an existing Maven archetype. I have seen the web meeting where they demonstrate the tools - they say that you can use your own archetype with the Eclipse plugin, but I don't see any details on how to do that.

Is there any documentation on that?

Thanks

Former Community Member

gregburdett wrote...

Hello - This looks really useful, but I cannot find any documentation showing how to use this with an existing Maven project, or using an existing Maven archetype. I have seen the web meeting where they demonstrate the tools - they say that you can use your own archetype with the Eclipse plugin, but I don't see any details on how to do that.

Is there any documentation on that?

Thanks

Assuming you have installed the AEM eClipse tooling, for existing Maven projects you can convert your bundle module or package modules using the context menu. After that you can make use of the AEM perspective for simpler editing of node properties, synchronisation of changes between the local file system and JCR, and so on. There is no problem using an existing archetype (because you can convert the modules) or if you want to you can create your own archetype to match the suggested structure (core, ui-apps,ui-content, + test modules) so you can include all of your corporate config (thats what we have done using the sample provided).

HTHs

Fraser.

Level 3

I was trying to use this archetype to create new project and get the ball rolling. I have managed to create new project and deploy it to the local AEM 6 instance. 

But, when I try to author the page, my sidekick is not displayed. I'm not sure what is going on. I can see the sidekick on all pages other than those created with this plugin.

Update:- I get the following error on when loading the page

ReferenceError: CQ is not defined

Could you please help.

Thanks