Highlighted

AEM Developer License

mohdaamir

mohdaamir

mohdaamir

02-05-2019

Hi,

I am new and want to learn AEM sites development. So is it compulsory to buy a license of AEM to develop and learn on the local machine? or there is a developer license option available.

I setup we.retail store but got an error in "mvn clean install" that connection refused. And then i thought it would need AEM server instance.

Thanks.

Replies

Vish_dhaliwal

Employee

Vish_dhaliwal

Employee

Vish_dhaliwal
Employee

02-05-2019

Hello,

Yes, you would need AEM server in order to work with we.retail.

To start off, you should connect with Adobe sales person to get a trial/demo version of Adobe Experience Manager.

Check:

http://www.adobe.com/products/request-consultation/marketing-cloud.html?s_osc=70114000002J NwKAAW&s_iid=70114000002JHs3AAG

https://www.adobe.com/marketing/experience-manager.html

Regards,

Vishu

Highlighted

Prince_Shivhare

Prince_Shivhare

Prince_Shivhare

02-05-2019

Yes, you can learn the AEM in your local machine.

please signup to adobe solution partner website. if your corporate company is a partner with Adobe then you will get the trial AEM jar which you can work locally.

if you want to download the AEM: please fill the form below:

AEM Download Request Form

~ Prince

Highlighted

mohdaamir

mohdaamir

mohdaamir

02-05-2019

We would like to be a Solution Partner once we learn and deliver. So what action to take, shall I fill up this AEM Download Request Form  or apply for solution partner and then fill up the form.

Highlighted

Prince_Shivhare

Prince_Shivhare

Prince_Shivhare

02-05-2019

Fill up the form and you will receive the link to download jar and trail license key which you can use while starting AEM.

I am not sure, if you are not a solution partner and will still receive the email.

if you are facing any issue then visit: Adobe Help Center

~ Prince

Highlighted

nutmix

nutmix

nutmix

17-10-2020

This form no longer exists unfortunately. Is there any way to get a local developers license?

Highlighted

nutmix

nutmix

nutmix

17-10-2020

did you ever solve this? Is there any way for developers to get a local test/trial license?  My company wants be to evaluate the product against EPiServer, which was easy as it runs find without a license (just gives you a water mark).

Highlighted

nutmix

nutmix

nutmix

25-11-2020

as a developer, getting a license from adobe so you can learn their SW is incredibly difficult.  It took me 1 month, and I work for an adobe AEM partner.