Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM Desktop APP Like Dropbox

Level 6

Hi,

The AEM Desktop APP when used, it mounts a network drive in the Windows Explorer.

Is there any option like a Dropbox App? Where instead of having the files in a network location they would be synched into the local folder? So, any operations in the file would be local?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Correct - Something similiar to this -- Scott's Digital Community: Creating a Custom Watched Folder Service for Adobe Experience Manager 6.3

AEM after all is a Java platform and you can build a Java solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

You can code a service to watch a local folder on the system and react to it.

Level 6

Hi @Arun Patidar and smacdonald2008 thanks for the suggestion.

But let me give you some more context. I have a customer evaluating aem assets, and for his use case having a network driver doesn't work. So, he would like to know if there is any tool like Dropbox to have the files synched locally not as a shared drive.

As far, as I could understand, there is no tool for that right? It is something that we need to develop. Am I correct?

Thanks,

Level 10

Correct - you can either use Desktop App or develop your own solution - like a special watched folder and an AEM Scheduler Service.

Level 6

Hi smacdonald2008 we have presented Desktop App but the customer didn't like it because of it mounts a shared drive and not synch the files locally.

So, if I understood it correctly, the only solution is to develop some custom application, right?

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 10

Correct - Something similiar to this -- Scott's Digital Community: Creating a Custom Watched Folder Service for Adobe Experience Manager 6.3

AEM after all is a Java platform and you can build a Java solution.