Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Desktop APP Like Dropbox

Level 6

Hi,

The AEM Desktop APP when used, it mounts a network drive in the Windows Explorer.

Is there any option like a Dropbox App? Where instead of having the files in a network location they would be synched into the local folder? So, any operations in the file would be local?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Correct - Something similiar to this -- Scott's Digital Community: Creating a Custom Watched Folder Service for Adobe Experience Manager 6.3

AEM after all is a Java platform and you can build a Java solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

You can code a service to watch a local folder on the system and react to it.

Level 6

Hi @Arun Patidar and smacdonald2008 thanks for the suggestion.

But let me give you some more context. I have a customer evaluating aem assets, and for his use case having a network driver doesn't work. So, he would like to know if there is any tool like Dropbox to have the files synched locally not as a shared drive.

As far, as I could understand, there is no tool for that right? It is something that we need to develop. Am I correct?

Thanks,

Level 10

Correct - you can either use Desktop App or develop your own solution - like a special watched folder and an AEM Scheduler Service.

Level 6

Hi smacdonald2008 we have presented Desktop App but the customer didn't like it because of it mounts a shared drive and not synch the files locally.

So, if I understood it correctly, the only solution is to develop some custom application, right?

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 10

Correct - Something similiar to this -- Scott's Digital Community: Creating a Custom Watched Folder Service for Adobe Experience Manager 6.3

AEM after all is a Java platform and you can build a Java solution.