Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM CS headless technical account not auto-generating when configuring service credentials

Level 2

Hello all,

I'm following the tutorial of Service Credentials | Adobe Experience Manager and everything is going well except the  part where it's supposed to create a technical account in my aem in the cloud. So instead of giving a 200 and 403 for the other requests its giving me a 401 for everything. I assume because the technical account is not being created on the first request. Does anybody have a clue on why this is happening?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In the end, I found a workaround when the technical account is not automatically created on the first request.

1. Go to Admin Console
  2. Go to the author instance of the desired environment (dev,stage, prod)
  3. Go to AEM-Administrators-<ID>
  4. Got to API Credentials tab
  5. Create new API credentials

Email from service credentials should be in the list. After adding it, it should give you permissions to call the aem API.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@albertojr 

Cross check

• If you are using the Service Creds of the instance you are trying to access. 
  • The Users console for the user (with login name as that of email attribute in Service creds JSON) in the respective cloud instance and its Group allocation 

If above is fine, then there should be a problem in the one-time initialization process. 

Raise support request to revoke the existing creds and perform the initialization again as detailed in the same document. 

Level 2

hi @Vijayalakshmi_S,

Yes, the  service credentials are the ones from the instance I'm trying to access. I have 3  environments and none of the three seem to create the user. For the second check, that is my problem. The user is not being created when executing the first request.

Community Advisor

@albertojr 

If the user is not getting created in respective instance and if you are sure that service credentials is enabled per the prerequisite mentioned in the official doc, then I suggest to raise a support ticket. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

In the end, I found a workaround when the technical account is not automatically created on the first request.

1. Go to Admin Console
  2. Go to the author instance of the desired environment (dev,stage, prod)
  3. Go to AEM-Administrators-<ID>
  4. Got to API Credentials tab
  5. Create new API credentials

Email from service credentials should be in the list. After adding it, it should give you permissions to call the aem API.

Thanks!