Highlighted

AEM Core Component Page Error

robinsonm

09-10-2018

I installed the AEM Core Components package v. 2.0.8 and i noticed a few things.

1. I get the following server error when trying to edit a page, whose SuperType is 'core/wcm/components/page/v2/page'

org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/core/wcm/components/page/v2/page/page_html.java:

Line 28, column 1274 : Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Page resolves to a package

Line 47, column 1986 : Page cannot be resolved to a type

2. within the OSGi bundles, the following is only being indicated as 'Installed' and I am not able to start the bundle:

Adobe Experience Manager Core WCM Components Core Bundle (com.adobe.cq.core.wcm.components.core)

I feel as though the two are related, and was wondering if anyone else came across this issue when installing the core components.

I am on AEM 6.3.2.0

Thanks!

Replies

Highlighted

raj_mandalapu

09-10-2018

As per the release notes, your configuration is correct. can you try 2.0.6 ?

System Requirements

Core ComponentsExtensionAEMJava
1.0.0, 1.0.2-AEM 6.31.7
1.0.4, 1.0.6-AEM 6.31.8
1.1.0sandbox/previewAEM 6.3 + FP19614 or SP 11.8
2.0.0sandbox/previewAEM 6.3 + SP1 + FP205931.8
2.0.41.0.0AEM 6.3 + SP1 + CFP2 + FP20593 + FP206961.8
2.0.6, 2.0.81.0.2, 1.0.4AEM 6.3 + SP21.8
2.1.01.0.6AEM 6.3.2.2 + FP24268, AEM 6.4.1.0 + FP24267

https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-core-wcm-components

Highlighted

robinsonm

09-10-2018

I believe it is already set up as such. I didn't create the project, a colleague of mine did, but it looks correct to me.project.PNG

Highlighted

robinsonm

09-10-2018

When I install version 2.0.6, I get the same problem where the bundle is showing as 'Installed' but I cannot start the bundle.

Highlighted

raj_mandalapu

09-10-2018

I doubt on the service pack but not sure, check what is the service package installed? if it is a completely new project not sure what he did exactly then you can try creating a new project and test.

Highlighted

robinsonm

09-10-2018

I somewhat resolved the issue. I installed CFP 2, so now I have AEM 6.3.2.2, as well as feature pack 24640 (Target configuration with experience fragments). These caused all of the offending packages to now be installed and running.

However, there are a litany of errors around cloud configurations in the logs, and the cloud configurations UI does not load. Below is just a small example, but it all seems to be within the area.jsp file.

Note: this is still causing the core page component not to render correctly.

Caused by: org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 9 in the generated java file

Only a type can be imported. com.day.cq.wcm.webservicesupport.ConfigurationUtil resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 10 in the generated java file

Only a type can be imported. com.day.cq.wcm.webservicesupport.ConfigurationManager resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 11 in the generated java file

Only a type can be imported. com.day.cq.wcm.webservicesupport.Service resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 49 in the jsp file: /libs/cq/gui/components/cloudservices/admin/area/area.jsp

Service cannot be resolved to a type

46:         <%

47:             Boolean showCategoryTitle = Boolean.FALSE;

48:             Iterator<Resource> solutionIt = resource.listChildren();

49:             List<Service> servicesToDisplay = new ArrayList<Service>();

50:             //display all cloudservices that don't have a category or a solution

51:             ConfigurationManager cfgMgr = resource.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(ConfigurationManager.class);

52:             for (Iterator<Service> servicesIt = cfgMgr.getServices(); servicesIt.hasNext(); ) {

An error occurred at line: 49 in the jsp file: /libs/cq/gui/components/cloudservices/admin/area/area.jsp

Service cannot be resolved to a type

46:         <%

47:             Boolean showCategoryTitle = Boolean.FALSE;

48:             Iterator<Resource> solutionIt = resource.listChildren();

49:             List<Service> servicesToDisplay = new ArrayList<Service>();

50:             //display all cloudservices that don't have a category or a solution

51:             ConfigurationManager cfgMgr = resource.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(ConfigurationManager.class);

52:             for (Iterator<Service> servicesIt = cfgMgr.getServices(); servicesIt.hasNext(); ) {

Highlighted

robinsonm

02-10-2019

It looks like accordion to the docs, Core Components v2.7.0 requires at least AEM 6.4.4

Core ComponentsAEM 6.5AEM 6.4AEM 6.3Java
2.7.06.5.0.0+6.4.4.0+6.3.3.4+8, 11