Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM cloud: how to flush CDN cached images?

Level 9

We are using a 1 month max-age for all images hosted in the Cloud AEM DAM.  If we have to change an image without changing its name (e.g. because there was a complaint about the content of the image), how do we flush the CND caches?  E.g. is there an api or a control panel?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@TB3dock Yes it's possible and you can do it. Please refer the link here and it will give an idea about how we can use the custom CDN. This can be any of the CDN i.e., Amazon CloudFront or Akamai.

Once you are with a custom CDN, it's much easier to clear/invalidate the cache.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/implementing/content-delive...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock - What kind of CDN you are using like CloudFront , Azure CDN ,Akamai ?

Anyway - Login to CDN console -> look for cache invalidation option -> give only the image path to be flushed from cache -> flush the cache -> access the image once and validate the image content.

Level 9

The CDN is built into AEM cloud, its fastly, and you dont get a login unfortunately.

Employee Advisor

Right now the ability to flush the bundled Fastly cache is not exposed (yet) and you should go via support.

Level 9

OK, can we completely disable fastly, and use our own CDN so we can flush it?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@TB3dock Yes it's possible and you can do it. Please refer the link here and it will give an idea about how we can use the custom CDN. This can be any of the CDN i.e., Amazon CloudFront or Akamai.

Once you are with a custom CDN, it's much easier to clear/invalidate the cache.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/implementing/content-delive...

Thanks!

Level 1

Any ETA or idea on whether this is in the Engineering backlog or list of features for upcoming release?

Employee Advisor

Please raise that question with Adobe support. We cannot give this kind of information here.