Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Cloud Dispatcher Rewrite Rule Management

Level 2

Hi,

We have added our customer old redirection rules in conf.d/rewrites/rewrites.rules file. But every time we need to add a new rule, we need to update our code and have to do deployment on production site. We don't want to do deployment frequently just for the rewrite rules and customer wants to manage these rewrite rules themselves. Is there any way or third party tool to accomplish this request?

Thanks   

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can do this at CDN level as well. I will suggest to check with Adobe CSE, if there is a way to update rules using adobe I/O .

or you can use dispatcher-only pipeline https://www.opsinventor.com/speeding-up-aem-cloud-service-deployment-the-dispatcher-only-pipeline/ 

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Any changes in dispatcher module can only be deployed via pipeline in AEM as a cloud service .

Himanshu Jain

Level 2

As far as I understood, there isn't a way to Power User manages the rewrite rules. Rewrite rules have to be under dispatcher conf and deployed via pipeline, right?