Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Assets Default Sort

Level 2

Is there a way to change the default sort of files/folders in AEM Assets? As in, sort folders/files A-Z by default without having to List View>Title.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

if you are using an ordered folder, the default sorting after upload your assets is the alphabetical sorting.

Unfortunately the root of the DAM "/content/dam" is not an ordered folder so the only way that you can use to have sorted assets without customize the interface is to create your ordered folder under the root.

Thanks,

Antonio

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

List View in the TOUCH UI environment is how you sort the Asset view. You click the Column header:

ALIST.png

Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the sorting feature in List View. This requires that a user manually sort every time he opens the folder.

I was referring to setting a default. In other words, a way to select the default sorting behavior for files/folders across the entire DAM. Does such a thing exist?

Level 2

Is anyone else aware of a way to do this?

Level 10

This is the starting point for you to debug further - /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/card/asset  - asset.jsp and assetviewer.jsp

Overlay and customize per your requirements.

Level 10

Its not available OOTB, as suggested by @gaurav, you have to customize JSP

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

if you are using an ordered folder, the default sorting after upload your assets is the alphabetical sorting.

Unfortunately the root of the DAM "/content/dam" is not an ordered folder so the only way that you can use to have sorted assets without customize the interface is to create your ordered folder under the root.

Thanks,

Antonio

Level 1

Hi,

Were you able to find a solution for this?