Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Assets as a service for 3rd party applications

Level 4

Hello Team, Is there a way OOB , we can expose the dam contents to 3rd party applications over a restful service.  I have a custom web app (not developed with AEM sites )which will use the images/videos uploaded in AEM assets.  Is there any examples for this kind of implementation. Has anyone worked with similar use cases

8 Replies

Level 4

The Asset Share component is there which can help you to share assets from DAM using web page.  You may need to extend it according to your need.

Employee Advisor

What specifically would like to expose? The assets can be directly fetched via URL in a number of renditions.

Jörg

Employee

You can use asset picker(selector) as an example to expose assets residing in DAM and can be used anywhere in other applications or rely on the Adpbe Assets solutions like Dynamic media to achieve this.

(1) - Asset Selector

Level 4

Hi Jörg Hoh,

I have a web application (Spring application) which would basically use the assets and its metadata to display them in some form(could be cards in a page ). I would want assets to be served to the web application as a json with the rendition and metadata(title, description,tags . There could be some custom attributes based on business logic as well)

Regards,

Anand

Level 8

Just hit the assets folder directly via http and read the metadata properties.

http://localhost:4502/content/dam/we-unlimited-app/issues/images.infinity.json

here images is the folder

Its has images with all the metadata/tags and renditions. Read the json response in your spring app ,

read the json object with jcr:primaryType: "dam:Asset" , get the jcr:content object , get the metadata object and use.

1473100_pastedImage_2.png

Level 4

Hello Navin, I am not looking to search for assets from my 3rd party application. I just want to consume the metadata (OOB + Custom attributes if any). Do you think Asset share will fit in for this requirement.

Also what is the recommended approach to consume these services from 3rd party application. (How to authorize)

Employee

If you are on 6.3 and looking to consume the assets or its metadata in an SPA, You can look for ContentFragment models.

or you can go with the approach of Assets selector (1)

(1) - Asset Selector

Level 1
Is there a way to connect to assets in AEM DAM from third party web application pages built in Vignette ? If yes could you please provide us the steps if any?