Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM asset drag and drop to rte pathfield

Community Advisor

Hello,

While doing a drag and drop of an asset (pdf asset) into rte path field that contains special character like #, I see that the # is not encoded to %23 and so when I click on the link I get a 404

Below in Classic UI

For eg:

1. I drag and drop an asset "Test Book #1" into an rte pathfield. Press Ok. In browser elements I see it linked to  - /content/dam/path/Test Book #1.pdf. When I click on the link it shows a 404 (trying to go to localhost:6503/content/dam/path/Test%20Book%20#1.pdf)

2. In rte pathfield, I browse to the path and select the path of asset at '/content/dam/path/Test Book #1.pdf' . Press Ok.  In browser elements I see it linked to /content/path/Test%20Book%20%231.pdf. When I click ok th elink it opens up the pdf in browser (chrome).

In Touch UI

1. If I try to drag and drop the pdf asset to the path field it doesn't. (Doesn't add the path in pathfield at all. I drag the asset till the pathfield and when I unclick or try to drop nothing happens, pathfield is still empty )

2. If I browse to the path and select. In this case I see the same behavior as I saw in Classic UI mentioned in point 1 (the # is not encoded)

Does anyone see same issue? What can be a potential fix for this?

To check the js functionality where can I find the OOTB js for drag and drop that can be overlayed may be to try and encode the '#' (or other special characters) also?

Thanks

Shubham

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello All,

Does anyone see this issue or have any insights?

Regards

Level 10

"While doing a drag and drop of an asset (pdf asset) into rte path field"

Dragging a PDF into a RTE is not recommended use case for RTE.

Level 10

Or do you mean a PathField data type -- granite/ui/components/foundation/form/pathbrowser

Level 10

Hi Shubham,

If you provide us the screenshot, then we can understand the issue in more detail.

Also, I agree Scott, Drag and Drop of PDF into RTE is not recommended.

~Ratna.

Community Advisor

Just to update bit more, "While doing a drag and drop of an asset (pdf asset) into rte hyperlink path field"

I will try to update with image asap,

Thanks

Shubham

Level 4

The issue discussed is a useful feature where users were able to build links from the RTE Link window by dragging and dropping assets such as PDF docs from the Classic UI Content Finder.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 1.04.27 PM.png

Adobe says that this is "not recommended" anymore. Seems it is not recommended because Touch UI lacks the feature.

Former Community Member

You are basically creating an hyperlink where '#' is a valid character and so it is not getting encoded to its equivalent code.

For example:  www.abc.com/new#12

it will point to a div with id=12.

It will be better if you change # to some other character like 'no'.