Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM as persistence of html content

Level 1

We are trying build an internal application where the user can  create/edit html content  using WYSIWYG editor (like confluence).  The front end is a react project with embeded WYSIWYG and backend is Spring boot project

For persisting the data of this application we are considering options like RDBMS , NoSQL and AEM.

Is it possible to persist the HTML content in the AEM  such that we can

- use API to perform create/update of the html content.

- have versions of the content (such that only one version is active at any time)

- perform search on the active version of the  content.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Of course this can be done in AEM. But in that case you don't make use of the features of AEM at all. For example, why do you want to store "HTML" within the repository, and why don't you use the standard ootb edit mode for creating content? This is WYSIWYG too. it can be embedded in a SPA as well.

(Not sure how this Spring Boot application fits into it, but you can of course make your SPA talk to this application too.)

I would recommend that you talk with an AEM architect, who can recommend the best options for your specific case.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Of course this can be done in AEM. But in that case you don't make use of the features of AEM at all. For example, why do you want to store "HTML" within the repository, and why don't you use the standard ootb edit mode for creating content? This is WYSIWYG too. it can be embedded in a SPA as well.

(Not sure how this Spring Boot application fits into it, but you can of course make your SPA talk to this application too.)

I would recommend that you talk with an AEM architect, who can recommend the best options for your specific case.