Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM as cloud service - Precautionary measures for content deployment

Level 2

We are planning to use CRX Package manager to migrate content from Dev to STG environment on AEM as cloud service. The content includes pages, experience fragments, content fragments and assets. The total volume of contents to be transferred is less that 1 GB. 

Are there any precautionary measures to be taken before carrying out this operation? We used to stop the asset workflows when we did a similar activity in AEM on-prem. Are there any such steps to be followed before heading to the content transfer via the package manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can disable post processing in AEMaaCS[1]. Default processing will happen anyways. I would suggest to break down package in smaller size(eg 200 MB) packages and collect data like how much time it took to install. Big packages sometimes does not install fully as per my experience on On-Prem. Keep an eye on logs as well.

Probably same content needs to be migrated on Prod as well so monitoring on Stage will help.

[1]

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/asset...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can disable post processing in AEMaaCS[1]. Default processing will happen anyways. I would suggest to break down package in smaller size(eg 200 MB) packages and collect data like how much time it took to install. Big packages sometimes does not install fully as per my experience on On-Prem. Keep an eye on logs as well.

Probably same content needs to be migrated on Prod as well so monitoring on Stage will help.

[1]

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/asset...