Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM as Cloud Service (Assets) | Introduce AEM asset path in the download email template

Level 1

Hi All,

I have a requirement to customize the email which does out in the 'download' flow.

Following is the documentation I have followed to get this far but I am not able to achieve what I want:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/assets/manage/download-asse...

Currently the email displays the file name (via zipFileName property) but I also want to display URL of the asset as well.

Now, it does have a field in the email template called $downloadurl but that is not the actual path to the asset in AEM - which is what I want.

In a normal scenario, I would extend the class responsible in the backend and add a new property and display it via the email template.

However, it looks the class (com.adobe.cq.dam.download.impl.email.EmailDownloadArtifactsProcess), which is responsible for this, is restricted and not part of the cloud manager sdk hence I am not able to find a way to override it.

Without extending that class, I am not able to think of a way to achieve this.

Any help in this direction will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Firoz Khan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @fkhan-dss,

Per the high level flow of Asset Download functionality, looks like the customization in this case would be an overhead (to rewrite the servlet/introduce custom WF process step in OOTB workflow model - /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/dam/dam_download_assetas the logic for Download and send email is part of Workflow process step which is getting triggered/respective workflow is started programmatically from the OOTB AssetDownloadServlet (com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.servlet.AssetDownloadServlet)

Note : This flow is per AEM 6.5.0 instance. Flow should be same in Cloud Service too (with respect to this use case). Per the documentation that you have shared, AssetDownloadServlet is the same. Suggest to cross check the servlet as available in Cloud Service SDK instance and check if the same workflow model is getting triggered.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @fkhan-dss,

Per the high level flow of Asset Download functionality, looks like the customization in this case would be an overhead (to rewrite the servlet/introduce custom WF process step in OOTB workflow model - /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/dam/dam_download_assetas the logic for Download and send email is part of Workflow process step which is getting triggered/respective workflow is started programmatically from the OOTB AssetDownloadServlet (com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.servlet.AssetDownloadServlet)

Note : This flow is per AEM 6.5.0 instance. Flow should be same in Cloud Service too (with respect to this use case). Per the documentation that you have shared, AssetDownloadServlet is the same. Suggest to cross check the servlet as available in Cloud Service SDK instance and check if the same workflow model is getting triggered.