Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM as Cloud | Get all language copies of a page

Level 6

Hi Folks,

I have a page (pagea), this page exist in en, fr, and de

Now this page has 3 language copies

I need to fetch all the existing language copies of page, how would I fetch it using some API.

Please do not suggest below 

http://localhost:4502/libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json?path=/content/test/en/pagea

Any pointers is highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Pradeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @pradeepdubey82 

Please try following API:

for (final Page page : languagemanager.getLanguageRoots(res,
            currentPagePath)) {
        languagePages.put(page.getLanguage(false), page);
    }

Here getLanguageRoots() should return all Language copies of current page. The relevant language details can then be retreived via page.getLanguage()

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 6

I could not see any method in https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/blob/main/bundles/core/src/main/java/com/adobe/cq/w...

Which is giving list of language copies of current page. 

My requirement is, let's say I am on pagea of en, then it should return list of language copies 

/content/test/fr/pagea

/content/test/de/pagea

Level 6

Hi @pradeepdubey82 

Please check this java doc for LiveRelationshipManager interface which provides methods to get live copies of the given resource (in your case page resource).

https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/javadoc/com/day/cq/wcm/msm/ap...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @pradeepdubey82 

Please try following API:

for (final Page page : languagemanager.getLanguageRoots(res,
            currentPagePath)) {
        languagePages.put(page.getLanguage(false), page);
    }

Here getLanguageRoots() should return all Language copies of current page. The relevant language details can then be retreived via page.getLanguage()

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

I just implemented LanguageManager for the same use case as @pradeepdubey82

getLanguageRoots() does not get the language copies, rather it gets the language roots in your site structure based on the provided page. 

For the original example getLanguageRoots() on /content/test/en/pagea would return:

/content/test/fr

/content/test/de

but what is needed is:

/content/test/fr/pagea

/content/test/de/pagea

You could technically use this and do some string manipulation to the paths but there is a simpler solution.

Instead you should use getAdjacentLanguageInfo(). I was able to process the return value with this:

Map<Language, LanguageManager.Info> languagePages = (languageManager.getAdjacentLanguageInfo(Resolver, path));
for
(Map.Entry<Language, LanguageManager.Info> entry : languagePages.entrySet()) {
String path = entry.getValue().getPath();
Page localePage = pageManager.getPage(entry.getValue().getPath());
}

Level 2

Hi @rkody 

In author it works however in publisher its not working. How we can achieve this from publisher. Kindly suggest me.

Map<Language, LanguageManager.Info> languagePages = languageManager.getAdjacentLanguageInfo(resolver, bluePrintPage.getPath());

Here languagePages getting null pointer exception.

Level 3

Hi @upendarme1 ,

It's hard to say what the issue is without looking at the AEM instance. I have had some issues with null pointers because of permissions in the past so that might be a problem. Check the error logs for anything related.

Can you debug the publisher? If not, put some log statements on each part of your line of code and deploy.

i.e.

LOGGER.info("Page: {}", bluePrintPage);
LOGGER.info("Page path: {}", bluePrintPage.getPath());
LOGGER.info("Resolver: {}", resolver);
LOGGER.info("Language Manager: {}, languageManager");

Then you can check to see if any of these variables are null and go from there.