Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Publish Integrate with Auth0

Level 4

Hello Everyone,

We are planning to authenticate our AEM application through Auth0 Platform.

Anyone have information how and what configuration we have to create in AEM as cloud service instance to AuthO

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @chetan001 

We had used server-to-server credentials to integrate AEM with Auth0. 

• Auth0 was available only as a jar, so converted it into a bundle
  • Hosted Auth0 bundle in a private artifactory
  • Added the Artifactory details to AEM project
  • Henceforth, we were able to use the Auth0 APIs for token validation etc.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Hi Aanchal,

Thanks for reply..  could you please more eleborate on these points.

Auth0 bundle in a private artifactory  : should be embedded Autho jar in POM and then deploy to AEM ?

Should be need to create configuration file where need to put clientId and client ClientSecret

Our use case is Autho already having registered user and from AEM login page users should validate from Autho Users

Community Advisor

Hello @chetan001 

In our case it was App-to-App, so we didn't have to use login page. We had deployed Auth0 bundle in AEM and validating the Tokens received from third-party,

Generally, when SSO is not the one driving authentication through its login page, then custom login modules can be developed 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/external-authentication-aem-which-method-choose-tyrone-tse/

https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/security/authentication/externalloginmodule.html 

I would suggest waiting for other Advisors to confirm as I used Auth0 only for app-to-app.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 1

Thanks Aanchal for your input.

1. what process you used to create Auth0 Bundle ?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Administrator

@chetan001 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi @kautuk_sahni , Looking for more information. if any one done integration ..