Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM as a Cloud Service - Alternatives for AEM Communities Implementations

Community Advisor

Hello All,

I had the same question as [1] , and from the response to that and a very good article regarding this topic at [2] , makes me conclude that for AEM as a cloud service using AEM community Sites without support may not be feasible and wise.

So based on this fact my actual question here is -

Has anyone explored other alternatives for implementing social communities in AEM cloud?

There is a mention of using  DisqusHyvor TalkDiscourse etc in [2], if someone has implemented these or any other solutions please update here with some initial set up info.

@arunpatidar - Did you end up using something for this?

[1] -https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-community-sites-suppor...

[2] -  https://www.opsinventor.com/whats-the-future-of-aem-communities/

cc @kautuk_sahni 
P.S AEM communities implementation is one of the favorite features of our users  So probably a suggestion to not use communities is a tough answer for us 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shubham_borole 
we did not used the AEM communities, we were maimly looking for comment functioanlity. That we achieved by integrating therid party comment within AEM page.

we already had users in AEM for login, so it was not difficult to just plugin comment feature alone.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

On AEM as a Cloud Service, you would need to write entirely custom functionality to handle the UGC, and then create a scalable cloud architecture to store and service this UGC which is performant and will keep up with the rest of your site.

Or, you’ll simply need to stay on the on-premise, self-managed (or AMS-hosted) AEM 6.5 release for the conceivable future of AEM Community.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Thank you @Asutosh_Jena_ 
Yes custom implementation and stay as is are some default options. We are looking to explore other possible options too.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shubham_borole 
we did not used the AEM communities, we were maimly looking for comment functioanlity. That we achieved by integrating therid party comment within AEM page.

we already had users in AEM for login, so it was not difficult to just plugin comment feature alone.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Thanks @arunpatidar  Is it possible to shed light on any commenting plugins that can be considered? (Including the one you use)

Employee

Hello @arunpatidar, are you still using this plugin or have you found any other alternative? thank you for sharing this info.

Community Advisor

Hi @ffriaslopez 
I think our client is still using the same but unfortunately I am no longer part of that team so have no visibility anymore.

Arun Patidar