Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM and Google Cloud Platform

Level 1

Hi there, I hope everyone is safe! I've been asking myself this question for some days now. Can I set up an instance on Google Cloud Platform and run AEM, right? Does someone implement this before? What challenges did you face? Can I do it for testing purposes under my developer license?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @luisantonio,

Yes, you can use GCP and host the AEM. I personally did it in one of my projects. GCP is nothing but a cloud platform similar to AWS [which has its own differences]. So to host your AEM, all you need to do is create instances in GCP [with your required OS and hardaware] and start using it.

Check my similar answer here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-websites-migration-fro...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @luisantonio,

Yes, you can use GCP and host the AEM. I personally did it in one of my projects. GCP is nothing but a cloud platform similar to AWS [which has its own differences]. So to host your AEM, all you need to do is create instances in GCP [with your required OS and hardaware] and start using it.

Check my similar answer here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-websites-migration-fro...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam

Level 1
Hi @Kiran_Vedantam, thank you for your answer. My client has not bought the license yet, can I deploy an instance of AEM using GCP to showcase AEM as CMS? I've been learning AEM locally using a single author instance. How do you manage environments? like production and development, are they in someway connect to the same JCR?

Community Advisor
Hi luisantonio, yes, you can create an instance in GCP, upload the jar file and start the instance. Here you can create multiple different instances for dev, qa and prod with different IP's and sizes as per your requirement.