Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM AIO RDE Package Deployment | Difference in size and filter

Level 5

hi all,

i have an issue when deploying project to my local it is working fine.

but when i push the target jar of all module to rde using aio, there are few differences -

the size of the package in cli is much larger than the one deployed on rde instance.

the cli shows 5 mb of package being uploaded, while on rde the target zip for all module has size of 6.5 kb

aem_noob_0-1691516238170.png

aem_noob_1-1691516343065.png

the filter.xml has below paths defined -

<filter root="/apps/project-packages"/>
<filter root="/apps/project-vendor-packages"/>

but when we seeing the packmgr only /apps/project-vendor-packages is seen.

this is despite the fact that the target's zip file filter.xml has both paths

what can cause this filter.xml to be not installed as is present in the target zip?

@Rohan_Garg, @aanchal-sikka ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can reach out to the blog writer @VeenaVikraman directly.

Meanwhile, can you send a copy of your pom.xml for parent module, all module and ui.apps module?

Reading the blog its straight forward enough-

1. Declare dependencies in main pom.xml and add netcentric version as a property

2. In all pom.xml embed the netcentric dependencies first and declare them as dependencies at the last

3. in ui.apps define install hook and change application type to mixed. The dependencies are specified again in the dependency management.

I tried this in my local and it works!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not exactly sure what will cause this issue exactly.

One thing I can think of is the sequence of package installation. If the modules are dependent on one another or say some third party installation & the sequence is not as expected on your local then this might be possible. I haven't seen this issue before.

Can you send the sequence of packages as they are installed along with their dependency?

Can you back track this issue to some particular bundle/package installation?

Level 5

Trying to install netcentric package by following the blog -

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aem-how-configure-netcentric-aemcaas-veena-vikraman

removing netcentric packages and dependency, all seems fine

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can reach out to the blog writer @VeenaVikraman directly.

Meanwhile, can you send a copy of your pom.xml for parent module, all module and ui.apps module?

Reading the blog its straight forward enough-

1. Declare dependencies in main pom.xml and add netcentric version as a property

2. In all pom.xml embed the netcentric dependencies first and declare them as dependencies at the last

3. in ui.apps define install hook and change application type to mixed. The dependencies are specified again in the dependency management.

I tried this in my local and it works!

Level 5

i missed the step to embed the dependencies first - they were embedded at last which caused the issue