Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Aem 6.5 workflow history issue

Level 4

Hi,

I am facing an issue with creating and starting workflow in aem 6.5.

I tried creating a workflow model in aem 6.5.

Now when I run the workflow, when i open the history in instances tab, I can just see 2 steps - first and last. I am unable to see the middle steps. It seems node transition is not working as expected. Please suggest

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@manisha594391,

There might be a problem in your workflow process step. Can you share some code? Try replacing your custom workflow process step with something that is out of the box like "activate page". Run your custom workflow model. Review the invoked workflow history. This can determine if there is a defect in your custom workflow process code. Also, do you have any errors in the error.log?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@manisha594391,

There might be a problem in your workflow process step. Can you share some code? Try replacing your custom workflow process step with something that is out of the box like "activate page". Run your custom workflow model. Review the invoked workflow history. This can determine if there is a defect in your custom workflow process code. Also, do you have any errors in the error.log?

Level 4

The same process step is working with the existing. workflow. Also, I tried using OOTB Activate process. The workflow instance history is still the same. when seen the history, the initiators are different. For thhe existing workflow the initiator is workflow-service, while for the fresh one the initiator is workflow-administrator

Community Advisor

I'm trying to figure out if it's the the AEM product that you are having problems with, or is it your custom workflow model. Please run an out of the box workflow model, http://localhost:4502/cf#/libs/settings/workflow/models/request_for_activation.html, and review the workflow history, are all the steps presented in the workflow history?

Level 4

@BrianKasingli It was a custom model. The issue is now resolved. The issue was, if any of the step fails, all steps from start till before the failed step are not shown in history of workflow. Thanks!!

Community Advisor

Can you accept an answer, and resolve this ticket please

Level 1
I got the similar issue. Non of the history were being shown in the workflow history page. I troed the ootb "request for activation" workflow. The result were the same. Have anyone had the same issue ? My aem version is 6.5.6.