Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 Search Function - Text File Searching, Export Options, and Keyword Restrictions

Level 3

I am trying to utilize the built-in search function in AEM 6.5 for searching assets. I have a few questions about its capabilities:

1. Is it possible to search for keywords inside a text file (such as a .txt or .css file)?
  2. Is there a way to export the search results as a .csv or .txt file?
  3. Are there any restrictions on the characters that can be used in the search keywords?
  4. When searching for content fragments, is it able to search data in all types of fields within the content fragments?

I have looked through the official documentation at https://adobe.ly/3JyRIwr but it seems to be limited in this information. I would appreciate any help or resources on these topics.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @wei_lyu 

Please find below for the response for your questions inline in green

• Is it possible to search for keywords inside a text file (such as a .txt or .css file)?
  • Is there a way to export the search results as a .csv or .txt file?
    • Not available OOTB, should be a customization. 
  • Are there any restrictions on the characters that can be used in the search keywords?
    • No restriction on the search text
  • When searching for content fragments, is it able to search data in all types of fields within the content fragments?
    • If the path to search for is content fragment path, it would work. Whereas if the search path is page or an asset and expecting the search results from the fields within referenced content fragments, it is not possible OOTB 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @wei_lyu 

Please find below for the response for your questions inline in green

• Is it possible to search for keywords inside a text file (such as a .txt or .css file)?
  • Is there a way to export the search results as a .csv or .txt file?
    • Not available OOTB, should be a customization. 
  • Are there any restrictions on the characters that can be used in the search keywords?
    • No restriction on the search text
  • When searching for content fragments, is it able to search data in all types of fields within the content fragments?
    • If the path to search for is content fragment path, it would work. Whereas if the search path is page or an asset and expecting the search results from the fields within referenced content fragments, it is not possible OOTB