Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

AEM 6.5 page properties not not showing anything

Level 4

Hi, 

While opening the page properties, I see no tabs and is showing blank. The resource super type of the page component is "wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage". 

vjleo94_0-1698649029863.png

Strangely, when I make the copy of the same page component and change the resource type in page to the new value, it open the properties. I am not sure what it the problem. 

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Vijaya Kumar A

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you check the logs to see if there is any issue there?

Esteban Bustamante

Level 4

Hi @vjleo94 

Can you please elaborate what value you are giving to resource type after that page properties are coming back?

Thanks

Level 4

Hi @Gaurav_Sachdeva_ ,

Let's my page component name is "basepage", and I have a page created "pageX" using this template. Here I don't get any page properties. 

However, I copy "basepage" to "basepage1" and change the sling resource type of the "pageX" to "basepage1". I get the page properties. 

Thanks and regards,

Vijaya Kumar A

Level 4

Hi @vjleo94 

So the point is if everything in the properties is exactly same only the component name changes there is high probability that the issue is because of name of the component.

I did some quick search in crx/de and found that component name "basepage" is used in other components in AEM as shown below. this name is used in some OOTB AEM components. Might be this is causing some issue but I am not sure. 

Gaurav_Sachdeva__0-1698763706649.png

Level 4

Hi @Gaurav_Sachdeva_ ,

Thank you!

This is also the only conclusion I have. 

But still don't logically see it why it is not working. 

Thanks and regards,

Vijaya Kumar A

Administrator

@vjleo94 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi @kautuk_sahni ,

The problem was that there was a servlet getting triggered with the resourcetype "basepage". And that servlet was causing an issue. 

The same was not happening when we have a resourceType as basepage1. 

Thanks and regards,

Vijaya Kumar A