Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 multifield - Is there a default limit on number of items?

Level 1

I am working on a AEM6.5 dialog multifield granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield component. After adding 745 items to list and save.Dialog saves and reopens correctly. If I add one more item and save it. Reopening dialog does not show all items.(the number of items in dialog is less than 745.)  and there is no add button. I need to add 50 more elements to the list. Is there any limit on number of item? if yes how can I achieve adding more items?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vaps 

Using multifield to configure a lot of data is not the best practice, AEM provides this feature but the whole point is to benefit the authoring experience. So if its a huge data, you may want to use an excel upload/groovy integration so that you can handle it via code. You may also use dashboards for this use case if it is feasible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vaps 

Using multifield to configure a lot of data is not the best practice, AEM provides this feature but the whole point is to benefit the authoring experience. So if its a huge data, you may want to use an excel upload/groovy integration so that you can handle it via code. You may also use dashboards for this use case if it is feasible.