Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 Landing pages / Design Importer

Adobe Champion

Hi all,

One of (imho) underrated features of AEM is the so-called landing pages/design importer. However, reading the AEM 6.5 documentation it is clear that the feature will be deprecated (if it is not considered such already).

Questions on my side:

1. Is there any alternative to this feature (without requiring building from scratch of course)?
  2. If it's not to be deprecated, are there any plans to improve/build further and have AEMaaCS support?

Kind regards,

K

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

From what I can check internally, this has been replaced by A default site template[1] that is available out-of-the-box and that defines a theme for the Core Components and a set of corresponding templates that can be used to generate a new site from the Create Site Wizard. This default site template will also serve as a reference for further more use-case-specific site templates that web agencies can create with the Simplified Frontend Workflow.

[1] https://github.com/adobe/aem-site-template-basic

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

From what I can check internally, this has been replaced by A default site template[1] that is available out-of-the-box and that defines a theme for the Core Components and a set of corresponding templates that can be used to generate a new site from the Create Site Wizard. This default site template will also serve as a reference for further more use-case-specific site templates that web agencies can create with the Simplified Frontend Workflow.

[1] https://github.com/adobe/aem-site-template-basic

Adobe Champion

Hi @Jaideep_Brar, thanks for your reply; is there something similar for AMS-hosted (or even on-prem) versions of AEM? Or in these cases you'd continue using the landing page as provided in the documentation I attached?