Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 GraphQL Query Editor option not showing

Level 4

Hi All,

I have installed AEM 6.5 and installed the package for graphiql graphiql-0.0.6.zip. Graphql editor is working fine at URL http://localhost:4502/content/graphiql.html as well as I'm able to execute any query and see the result. With my setup, I'm unable to see an option available at Tools > General > GraphQL Query Editor. Also I'm not seeing any option to persist query using Graphiql interface. Can anyone suggest what could be the issue?

Thanks.

Mukesh

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MukeshAEM,

Tools > General > GraphQL Query Editor is available only in AEM as a Cloud Service, this is a bit different editor comparing to the one that is provided as part of graphiql-0.0.6.zip. Also if you will look into urls they are different as well:

• AEM 6.5 editor is part of add-on additional package and is available under /content/graphiql.html
  • AEM as a Cloud Service editor is part of AEM (it is build in) and is exposed under /aem/graphiql.html

If for any reason you still would like to have an editor link available from Tools section you can simply overlay /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/general and add below node under general node:

<graphiql 
    jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
    href="/content/graphiql.html"
    icon="branch2"
    id="cq-sites-graphiql"
    jcr:description="Create, simulate and manage GraphQL queries, including persisted queries in AEM" 
    jcr:title="GraphQL Query Editor"/>

custom-nav-item.jpg

and the result on AEM 6.5

custom-nav-2.jpg

Here is also a link to the documentation that describes console customization:

Regarding your second question, there is no Persisted Query option available from GUI. However you can always use Postman or similar tool to create Persisted Query. You have to make sure that you have enabled Persisted Queries on your endpoint level. Please find step by step instruction under below 2 links:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MukeshAEM,

Tools > General > GraphQL Query Editor is available only in AEM as a Cloud Service, this is a bit different editor comparing to the one that is provided as part of graphiql-0.0.6.zip. Also if you will look into urls they are different as well:

• AEM 6.5 editor is part of add-on additional package and is available under /content/graphiql.html
  • AEM as a Cloud Service editor is part of AEM (it is build in) and is exposed under /aem/graphiql.html

If for any reason you still would like to have an editor link available from Tools section you can simply overlay /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/general and add below node under general node:

<graphiql 
    jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
    href="/content/graphiql.html"
    icon="branch2"
    id="cq-sites-graphiql"
    jcr:description="Create, simulate and manage GraphQL queries, including persisted queries in AEM" 
    jcr:title="GraphQL Query Editor"/>

custom-nav-item.jpg

and the result on AEM 6.5

custom-nav-2.jpg

Here is also a link to the documentation that describes console customization:

Regarding your second question, there is no Persisted Query option available from GUI. However you can always use Postman or similar tool to create Persisted Query. You have to make sure that you have enabled Persisted Queries on your endpoint level. Please find step by step instruction under below 2 links: