Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 dots in page name

Level 2

Why cannot we use dots in page names in AEM 6.5? This was the case in earlier version of AEM too but I was able to change it by doing move page but not anymore from Touch UI in AEM 6.5. I know i can always change it in CRXDE but I am looking for reason why its blocked in 6.5 version from UI.

Any reason to not use dots in page name in AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@bipin_bitla,

If you create page names with dot then AEM sling can consider the page name up to dot and remaining part it takes as suffix. Please find below examples how sling is identifying resource andmapping components and templates. 

annyreddy_0-1631564298334.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @bipin_bitla - My two cents

The page name in AEM is the resource url as well, and so a dot in page name requires a dot in the resource url as well.

This could make things trickier, as Sling reads the characters after (.) in the resource url as selectors and could lead to unexpected scenarios.

Ref for Sling resolution of URL: https://sling.apache.org/documentation/the-sling-engine/url-decomposition.html

Thanks,

Fani

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@bipin_bitla,

If you create page names with dot then AEM sling can consider the page name up to dot and remaining part it takes as suffix. Please find below examples how sling is identifying resource andmapping components and templates. 

annyreddy_0-1631564298334.png