Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 Disable COmponent Editing on page

Level 3

hi ,

I have used an htmlArea in my page and want it to be disabled for editing at the page level , but not at the template level. 

SOLUTION 1 :

I added the solution provided in the Adobe documentation of adding ,wcmmode='disabled' as a parameter to the resourceType , however this seems to remove the component completely from the content tree for page as well as template , not allowing the authors to author it anywhere.

SOLUTION 2 : 

Making the dialog a design dialog also doesnt work as this would make the htmlarea component  non -editable on all pages ,which is not the requirement.

Please suggest a alternative way of handling this scenario. To remove the configure icon from a component in the editor mode . 

I am using AEM 6.5.3 

Thanks,

Samiksha.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @samikshaa223429 ,

If you are using editable templates, please add the htmlArea component in template level and by using lock feature you can lock the component. So that author cannot edit that component at page level. But you can edit the same in template level which is common to every page(created with this template). 

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Sandeep.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @samikshaa223429 ,

If you are using editable templates, please add the htmlArea component in template level and by using lock feature you can lock the component. So that author cannot edit that component at page level. But you can edit the same in template level which is common to every page(created with this template). 

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Sandeep.