Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 database table stopped adding rows

Level 5

Hi,

I have 2 AEM 6.5 Publish instances connected to an Oracle database schema. The schema contains one table that is used for statistical data collection. When an user fills in and saves an  AEM xdp form that is rendered as HTML5 form, the name of the form, title and timestamp is written as a row in a table. This table was successfully adding rows earlier and now it has stopped adding new rows. Nothing has changed in the configuration. The only error I see in the error.log is below: 

31.12.2021 09:34:08.737 *WARN* [TarMK filer reaper [E:\Adobe_Experience_Manager_Publish\crx-quickstart\opt\helpers\..\..\repository\segmentstore]] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.file.FileReaper Unable to remove file data00099a.tar
31.12.2021 09:34:13.739 *ERROR* [TarMK filer reaper [E:\Adobe_Experience_Manager_Publish\crx-quickstart\opt\helpers\..\..\repository\segmentstore]] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.file.tar.SegmentTarManager Can't remove archive data00099a.tar
java.nio.file.FileSystemException: E:\Adobe_Experience_Manager_Publish\crx-quickstart\opt\helpers\..\..\repository\segmentstore\data00099a.tar: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Any suggestion on how this issue can be resolved?

Thanks,

Leena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It seems like some  process most preferably a scheduled compaction or cleanup process in your instance trying to remove the particular .tar file and it is being used by some-other process in your instance. 

I also had 

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

in past in one of my server. and restarting had solved this.

Yes you need to restart the faulty publisher instance only.

Hope this helps.

Umesh Thakur

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

if possible try re-starting your server and see.

It should be working if there is no change in the configuration.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur

Level 5

Hi Umesh,

This is in production, and I would like to gather more information before restarting the server. Do you mean restarting the server in which the Publish instance is running or just restarting the Publish instance?

How will the restarting of the server resolve the issue?

What is the reason to get the following error:

Can't remove archive data00099a.tar

We have two Publish instances in two separate servers and they both are in a load balancer. Both the Publish instances are connected to the same database table. The error is seen only in one Publish error.log.

What could be the reason for the DB table not getting updated? Are these two issues related? There are no errors seen in the DB logs.

Thanks,

Leena

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It seems like some  process most preferably a scheduled compaction or cleanup process in your instance trying to remove the particular .tar file and it is being used by some-other process in your instance. 

I also had 

in past in one of my server. and restarting had solved this.

Yes you need to restart the faulty publisher instance only.

Hope this helps.

Umesh Thakur