Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5.15: Language Copy Issue

Level 2

Hello Community,

we're testing new Service Pack 15 for AEM 6.5 and I think we've ran into an issue.

On a regular sandbox instance with no custom code deployed and 6.5.15 serivce pack installed on top of 6.5.11, when I attempt to create a language copy of a page under We Retail project, as a result I get the following:

- no language copy created

- I see the workflow instance stuck and error.log has some NPE messages

(see below)

I looked into the bundle responsible for this code and turns out this was caused by Resource Resolver instance being null at the time of invocation in CreateLanguageCopyProcess#execute

Can someone please share if this is an actual issue? If so, is this going to be included in the next Service Pack release in February?

Thank you!

error.log message:

15.12.2022 14:43:03.426 ERROR [JobHandler: /var/workflow/instances/server0/2022-12-15/create_language_copy_2:.] com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.process.CreateLanguageCopyProcess Error while creating the copy for /content/we-retail/language-masters/en/test-lang-copy at null.{}
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.TranslationRulesUtil.getTranslationRulesFileLocation(TranslationRulesUtil.java:972) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-translation:1.5.130]
at com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.TranslationRuleConfigurationFileFactory.create(TranslationRuleConfigurationFileFactory.java:92) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-translation:1.5.130]
at com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.process.CreateLanguageCopyProcess.execute(CreateLanguageCopyProcess.java:235) [com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-translation:1.5.130]
at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93) [com.day.cq.workflow.cq-workflow-impl:6.3.8.CQ652-B0003]

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @demobuster,

I can confirm this has been an issue in SP15 for AEM 6.5. I have also checked that this has been fixed in SP16 - despite the fact it's not directly listed under release notes. After upgrade to SP16 it's possible to create Language Copy without this error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @demobuster,

I can confirm this has been an issue in SP15 for AEM 6.5. I have also checked that this has been fixed in SP16 - despite the fact it's not directly listed under release notes. After upgrade to SP16 it's possible to create Language Copy without this error.

Level 1

Hi
Thanks for your answer.

Is there a possible workaround without SP16?

Kind regards

Jan