Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5.13 known issue - which index package should we isntall graphql-index-def-1.0.5 vs cfm-graphql-index-def-1.0.3.

Level 4

Hi, 
cc @Jörg_Hoh @kautuk_sahni ,

We are using AEM 6.5.13 and extensively use Content Fragment but are not using graphql at the moment. `

With AEM 6.5.13 Release Notes, known issues, we installed below index package AEM Content Fragment with GraphQL Index Package 1.0.3 this installed below three indexes,
1./oak:index/assetPrefixNodename
2. /oak:index/fragments
3. /oak:index/graphqlConfig

With AEM 6.5.14 and AEM 6.5.15 Release Notes adobe recommends installing AEM Content Fragment with GraphQL Index Package 1.0.5 

Note : The only difference is cfm-graphql-index-def-1.0.5 removes graphqlConfig.

Could you please confirm, if it is recommended to install cfm-graphql-index-def-1.0.5 instead of cfm-graphql-index-def-1.0.3.
Or we can go ahead with cfm-graphql-index-def-1.0.3 in AEM 6.5.13 production?

I assume /oak:index/graphqlConfig was causing any interferences between assets and fragment index hence it was removed in cfm-graphql-index-def-1.0.5 and v-1.0.5 is most recent Oak index enhancement which avoids interferences. 

Would like to confirm so we may avoid any issues in future with AEM 6.5.13 having cfm-graphql-index-def-1.0.3. 

Thanks, 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@akashdeepAEM 

I believe you should use the latest version of cfm-graphql-index-def i.e. 1.0.5 irrespective of AEM 6.5.13 or 6.5.15, as far as it is AEM 6.5.xx

As you pointed out, the only difference is oak:index/graphqlConfig, which is not available in 1.0.5. As mentioned in AEM6.5.15 release notes, see the screen shot below, this Index was removed as it covers whole conf path as queryPath which is nothing specific to graphql or content fragments, hence it was removed to allow user add their own indexes based upon their query paths under conf. 

krati_garg_0-1670507196494.png

krati_garg_1-1670507420639.png

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@akashdeepAEM 

I believe you should use the latest version of cfm-graphql-index-def i.e. 1.0.5 irrespective of AEM 6.5.13 or 6.5.15, as far as it is AEM 6.5.xx

As you pointed out, the only difference is oak:index/graphqlConfig, which is not available in 1.0.5. As mentioned in AEM6.5.15 release notes, see the screen shot below, this Index was removed as it covers whole conf path as queryPath which is nothing specific to graphql or content fragments, hence it was removed to allow user add their own indexes based upon their query paths under conf. 

krati_garg_0-1670507196494.png

krati_garg_1-1670507420639.png

Hope this helps