Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.4 DAM Update Asset Workflow: Thumbnails Not Generated For application/octet-stream MIME Type

Level 2

#DearAEM Experts,

We are migrating DAM content from 6.1 to 6.4 and most of the existing DAM images in 6.1 have jcr:mimeType as application/octet-stream.
(Ex: /content/dam/projects/we-retail/cover/jcr:content/renditions/original/jcr:content)
Issue: AEM6.4 DAM Asset Update Workflow does not generate thumbnails for images having jcr:mimeType (application/octet-stream) but AEM 6.1 does.

Expected: AEM6.4 DAM Asset Update Workflow should generate thumbnails for 'application/octet-stream' mime type images.

Please refer to "jcr:mimeType" property, if you change from application/octet-stream to image/png and re-run the Update Asset workflow the thumbnail images are generated.

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 4.19.21 PM.png

Note: Applied AEM 6.4.3 service pack.

Any workaround would be helpful, apart from writing script to update jcr:mimeType from 'application/octet-stream' to 'image/jpeg' (image/jpeg, image/jpg, image/png, image/gif, tiff, etc.,).

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Seems you already contacted Adobe support and are waiting for a solution. I am not aware of any other workaround than to write a script to change the mimeType.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Can you test in AEM6.5?  I found an issue was resolved in AEM6.5 which may be the same.  If you still have issues in 6.5 it will be good to setup debug for workflow and perhaps open a Daycare ticket. 

Level 2

Thanks for your response.

Yes, AEM 6.5 it works and I am aware of that. We are using AEM 6.4 version and seeking a solution or a workaround till DayCare resolves this issue.

Jörg Hoh​ can you please help me on this?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Seems you already contacted Adobe support and are waiting for a solution. I am not aware of any other workaround than to write a script to change the mimeType.

Level 2
Yes, we have contacted Adobe and got reply from them.

Level 2
Adobe replied that If images are created in MAC machine for those images this issue appears. Only option was to migrate DAM images with renditions now.