Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Aem 6.4 coral UI 3 touchui dialog default values not working

Level 3

Hi,

My touchui value property is not working for textfields.

In the same way selected property is not working for the touchui select field.

I am using arm 6.4 and coralui3.

When I debug the code , when ever the cmp.getvalue().Val() is returning null and cmp.getvalue().isselected() methods is always returning false.

So if any cmp.getvalue().somemethod() the functionality is not working.

I have overridden the global.jsp and it is missing the componenthelper import.

The issue is intermittent.

Does the dialog structure causes the issues?

Where can I validate the dialog in aem?

How can I resolve the issue??

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

Have you tried installing SP3? There was a known issue with default values on 6.4.2

Level 3

Hi jaideep,

My instance doesn't have any SP installed.

It is 6.4.0.

Will install SP3 and try.

Is there any way to validate my dialog structure as well??

Level 3

Hi Ravi,

Tried with cq:template , it is working fine but some components still have the issue.

Does cq:template won't work if the dialog creation is not proper say structure or dialog tree etc.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Is it possible to share your _cq_dialog.xml to verify if anything wrong with the dialog creation.

Level 10

Have you going through this document. I have never seen any issues - esp with Select fields.

Building Experience Manager Components using Granite/Coral Resource Types

Level 3

Mine is not a HTL component.

It's a jsp with custom global.jsp .

Would that make any difference??

Level 10

Using JSP as opposed to HTL will not make any diff to the component dialog.

I strongly recommend that you go through the doc I posted. You will learn more about the GRANITE/CORAL resource types and more about HOW TO work with HTL - which reflects best practices.

Community Advisor

I dont think using custom global.jsp and using jsp instead of htl will have any effect on default value for dialog or using cq:template. Please check your _cq_dialog.xml structure is correct as per the link shared by smacdonald2008​ above.

Level 3

Hi Ravi/ smacdonald2008​ ,

I have figured out that value or selected property is not working on the components which are cq:included or useing data-sly-resource.

I have used the data-sly-resource and included list in breadcrumb.

I have used the selected property on list search option which is working if i drag and drop the component directly in tot he page.

The same is not working if i drag and drop the breadcrumb and open the list dialog as i included list in the breadcrumb.

1739074_pastedImage_1.png

1739189_pastedImage_2.png

1739190_pastedImage_3.png

Employee Advisor

Have you tried installing SP3? I had a similar issue with "data-sly-resource" which got resolved after installing SP3