Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.4 Code deployment to Remote Server

Level 4

If I have a remote server with AEM installed can I push my current code with something as simple as:

mvn clean install -PautoInstallDevPackage -U -Daem.host=test-author.dev.com -Daem.port=4502 -DUserName=admin-Dpassword=admin

Or do I need to use cURL? POM? I haven't been able to find much information on how I can push my local changes to a remove server for some reason.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, this is one of the way.

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage -Daem.host=test-author.dev.com -Daem.port=4502 -Daem.author.user=admin -Daem.author.password=admin

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, this is one of the way.

mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage -Daem.host=test-author.dev.com -Daem.port=4502 -Daem.author.user=admin -Daem.author.password=admin

Community Advisor

yes using the mvn command line and providing system properties to it would be the sufficient to build to remote server without touching a code. If we make a changes in POM.xml and sometimes if we forget to revert it, it may create an unwanted issue.

Community Advisor

@Jeanmaradiaga,

Your maven command looks correct; can you share with us your error messages please?

Level 4

@BrianKasingli 

The requested profile "autoInstallDevPackage" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.24:install (install-package) on project com.bla.bla.config: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms: connect timed out -> [Help 1]

Level 4

Or with the following command:

clean install -PautoInstallBundle -U -Daem.host=blabla.com -Daem.port=4502 -DUserName=admin -Dpassword=admin

I get:

ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[WARNING] 'version' contains an expression but should be a constant. @ com..:${app.version}, C:\blabla\pom.xml, line 22, column 14
[WARNING] 'version' contains an expression but should be a constant. @ com..:${app.version}, C:\blabla\pom.xml, line 22, column 14
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.24 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:jar:0.5.24 @ 

Community Advisor

now this error says that your <version> XML in column 14, contains an expression, and requires a constant like "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT".

[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.24 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:jar:0.5.24  - exactly like what the error message says, Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:jar:0.5.24

Community Advisor

Does your code even build to locally? 

mvn clean install ?

Level 4

Yes it does, it is importing it to a remote server the only issue I am having right now.

Community Advisor

in your pom.xml, the user profile "autoInstallDevPackage" does not exist. as mentioned in the error message. You might need to take a deeper look at the maven build profiles, and determine which correct profile to run.

Level 4

True, thanks. I tried with

install -PautoInstallPackage -Daem.host=test.bla.com -Daem.port=4502 -Daem.author.user=admin -Daem.author.password=admin

Which is the one we use locally and it throws a timeout error instead. Perhaps my IP needs to be whitelisted in the server. Here is the error:

[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.24 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:jar:0.5.24 @