Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.4 beta, Apache Sling JCR Resource Resolver not present

Level 2

Hi all

I'm trying to migrate an app so it works on AEM 6.4 beta, but I ran into the following problem:
When I install my bundle. I get the following error:

org.apache.sling.jcr.resource,version=[2.4,3) -- Cannot be resolved

Right now, I'm using version 2.9.2 of org.apache.sling.jcr.resource. Here's the pom dependency:

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>

<artifactId>org.apache.sling.jcr.resource</artifactId>

<version>2.9.2</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

I checked in AEM's web console, and searched for that dependency using the dependency finder ( http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder ), and It turns out that package "org.apache.sling.jcr.resource" cannot be found in AEM 6.4 beta:

resource2.PNG

I checked in AEM 6.3, but I do get a result there:

resource1.PNG

It is because of this that I suspect that the problem is that this dependency is not present in AEM 6.4 beta. But still, I'm not an expert on dependencies so I'm not sure if this is the case, or if it's a problem on my project.

I'd appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction on this. Basically I want to check if the problem is related to AEM 6.4 beta dependencies.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

Actually these issues are due to changes in uber jar file i.e. interfaces and classes has been restructured in uber jar 6.4.

You can decompile uber jar and see the changes by yourself.

Taking an example of org.apache.sling.jcr.resource ....

org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.JcrResourceUtil is changed to com.day.cq.commons.jcr.JcrUtil

org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.JcrResourceConstants changed to org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.api.JcrResourceConstants

Links to figure out deprecated API's

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/de...

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/de...

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Community Advisor

For me I am not able to login to the server itself after load18 . It is not taking admin/admin as credentials

Level 10

AFAIK, there is no issue with login for load18

Though you might be hitting AEM 6.4 beta, default login is not working

Make sure you do not have any space in path to jar file else it will through an crypto exception in stderr.log

References from Windows OS

Path with spaces - C:\AEM Stuff\aem 6.4 - will not work

Path without spaces - C:\sample\aem64 - will work

Level 10

is this the fresh instance of load18?

Community Advisor

yup. Just now downloaded a new build from beta site.

Community Advisor

Thanks Praveen. This got resolved by renaming the folder to all small. 1408546_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

rijoalvi

I just ran the 6.4 and checked your issue. For me evrything looks fine. and the bundle you referred is also present

1408562_pastedImage_0.png

Can you take a fresh jar download from Adobe Prerelease

Level 2

Thanks! Yes, apparently it was an issue with my jar. Thanks for your help!

Administrator

It is against NDA to post AEM 6.4 beta questions on the main forums. You should be asking these in the Beta forums (Adobe prerelease) set for it.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

having the same issue with recently release AEM 6.4

Level 10

Did you build your 6.4 project using the UBER 6.4?

Level 2

I'm having the same issue with the AEM 6.4 release and I did build my project using the UBER 6.4

Level 3

Facing, the same issue.

Have opened a daycare for it.

does anyone know how to solve the compilation error?  package org.apache.sling.jcr.resource does not exist.

Getting this error while updating existing's projects POM.xml to 6.4.0 uber jar & then compiling the project.

Employee Advisor

A lot of this package is deprecated for quite some time. I remember that I came across a statement in the release notes of AEM. What version are you migrating from?

Jörg

Level 3

I am migrating from AEM 6.2 to AEM 6.4.

We found this error flagged into pattern detector.

category OCU.

pattern=OCU/outdated.code.usage

detector=IncompatibleExceptionDetector

message="The OSGi import: org.apache.sling.jcr.resource, due to package removal, referenced at bundle: com.leggmason.gd.core.leggmason-core might no longer be resolvable by default".

at=https://www.adobe.com/go/aem6_OCU

In OCU link it says the error can be solved with compatibility packages or with the help of alternate API's.

But there is no much information available on this thread.

Level 10

I will update a HELPX article to AEM 6.4 that uses this data type. I will post back results.

Level 3

Thank you smacdonald2008 this information will definitely help.

I am facing this issue at package compilation time itself. (mvn clean install)

The compatibility package goes directly on the server through package manager, but I am not able to make my package ready & compatible with 6.4 after adding 6.4.0 uber jar in the pom.xml.

I am trying to follow this document.. Upgrading Code and Customizations

Level 10

We need a 6.4 article that uses this JAVA to pull data from the JCR and display in an HTL component:

Map<String, Object> param = new HashMap<String, Object>();

param.put(ResourceResolverFactory.SUBSERVICE, "datawrite");

ResourceResolver resolver = null;

try {

//Invoke the adaptTo method to create a Session used to create a QueryManager

resolver = resolverFactory.getServiceResourceResolver(param);

session = resolver.adaptTo(Session.class);

Employee Advisor

The compatibility package allows you to run your AEM 6.3 application unchanged (no recompilation required) on AEM 6.4. Therfor you should not update to the 6.4 uber.jar

Jörg