Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.4 - Author pages not rendering correctly.

Level 2

I recently installed 6.4 from 6.2 as a fresh install, and I did not had any history with rendering issues with 6.2, but I am unable to find what might be causing this:6-4-author.jpg

This is the home page of the author dashboard; not only do I have this, but none of the tools are clickable to navigate around the other parts of AEM.

6-4-editor.jpg

This is the editor page and the toolbar had been reduced to just a few broken buttons.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There might be some css in your code which might be causing the above issue. Try checking any css files which you might overwrite from libs.

Easy way is to create new 6.4 instance without custom code and compare the styles using browser inspect element, so that we can find the css which is causing the issue. Also, check if there any js errors in console.

Also, try adding ?debugClientLibs=true param in the url, which loads individual css files and it will be easy to find path of the stylesheet causing issue.

I upgraded from AEM 6.2 to AEM 6.4 and did not face this issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There might be some css in your code which might be causing the above issue. Try checking any css files which you might overwrite from libs.

Easy way is to create new 6.4 instance without custom code and compare the styles using browser inspect element, so that we can find the css which is causing the issue. Also, check if there any js errors in console.

Also, try adding ?debugClientLibs=true param in the url, which loads individual css files and it will be easy to find path of the stylesheet causing issue.

I upgraded from AEM 6.2 to AEM 6.4 and did not face this issue.

Level 10

Are you seeing any browser issues?

Level 2

I basically removed the crx-quickstart folder when I was going from 6.2 to 6.4.

There should not be any custom css files, but I'll give the query string a look to see what is going on.

As far as browser issues; none that I noticed. No JavaScript errors or anything, but a couple of warnings but I've seen these from 6.2.

EDIT
=======================

Interesting, after I put the ?debugClientLibs=true query string, the author instance started to work. Taking out the query string reverts it back to the broken state.

Maybe something happening with the bundling.

Level 2

Okay, it was a cache issue. I kind of forgot that AEM does cache, so the browser still had information about the old CSS stuff from the 6.2 site and wouldn't work with the new 6.4 stuff.

Thanks for that query string suggestion.