Expand my Community achievements bar.

Aem 6.4.4 video upload - error EOF

Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem when uploading videos bigger than 10MB (video below 10MB works fine) to my Adobe AEM 6.4.4 and I am running out of ideas on what to check...Please suggest me something.

I have already checked that:

The upload fails after 60s and in the browser, I can see the response code 408.

In the logs I see this errors:

09.03.2020 08:42:13.596 *WARN* [ [1583743313578] POST /content/dam/content-factory/video/how-to-device.createasset.html HTTP/1.1] com.google.common.io.Closeables IOException thrown while closing Closeable.

org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException: Early EOF

09.03.2020 08:42:13.598 *ERROR* [ [1583743313578] POST /content/dam/content-factory/video/how-to-device.createasset.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.dam.api.AssetManager createAsset: asset error while creating asset [/content/dam/content-factory/video/how-to-device/APP_INTRO_LONG.mp4]:

com.adobe.granite.asset.api.AssetException: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Could not add record

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Could not add record

Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Could not add record

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Could not add record

Caused by: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException: Early EOF

09.03.2020 08:42:13.598 *ERROR* [1583743313578] POST /content/dam/content-factory/video/how-to-device.createasset.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.servlet.CreateAssetServlet Error while creating new asset: Exception while creating asset at /content/dam/content-factory/video/how-to-device/APP_INTRO_LONG.mp4

java.lang.Exception: Exception while creating asset at /content/dam/content-factory/video/how-to-device/APP_INTRO_LONG.mp4

I have installed ffmpg-4.1.3-static

I have checked the permissions but with admin it still fails.

I have checked the timeouts but they are default end very high (like 1h) but the request fails after less than 1 minute.

I have tried different networks (wifi and not) but still no results.

I have controlled the request content-length param and there is a difference of 138bytes when I'm trying to upload the same video in AEM 6.3 and when uploading to 6.4.4 but have no idea why? (same browser, video, network, different endpoint)

I was trying to disable the creation of renditions but still with no success...

Do you have any other suggestions on what can I try?

Thanks a lot.

3 Replies

Level 1
Check server settings for file size limits on uploads or otherwise? Do you have any images or other files over 10mb that have successfully uploaded?

Community Advisor

Try a few troubleshooting steps like:

1. Uploading this video to another folder path

2. Renaming the video

3. Try with other videos (if not tried yet)

4. More info on 408 error- https://www.lifewire.com/408-request-timeout-2622937

Employee

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Could not add record

I have seen this message getting logged when permissions are not set correctly at linux level.

Can you check if some of the repository file permissions are being being owned the user that runs AEM service?