Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.4.4 custom RTE plugin not rendering sometimes

Level 4

Hi All,

I have custom RTE plugins for the touch UI component and sometimes all the plugins are rendering fine and sometimes not. I have my custom RTE clientlibs under the component. This issue happens only in higher environments, not in my local. Provided screenshots below for references. Any suggestions would be helpful.

RTE with custom plugins (local instance):

Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 11.31.40 AM.png

In a higher environment(custom plugin is missing):

Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 11.54.00 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 11.51.34 AM.png

@arunpatidar26 @Vijayalakshmi_S @Anudeep_Garnepudi @Ratna_Kumar @Feike_Visser1 @VeenaVikraman 

Regards,

Vijay

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vijays80591732,

Possible cause would be conflict of JS - See if the custom RTE plugins are dependent on Coral UI 2 or Coral UI 3. 

Look for "Source" section in Developer tools as you load the page and the component with RTE. (Complete JS files. In particular, OOTB JS files that are loaded in higher environment and lower environment) and also the console errors. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please compare first your files(Ex: - Service Packs, any custom files) between lower environment (Ex:- Local Instance where its working fine) and higher environment to check for any mismatch. Also please check for logs(AEM and Console Logs) that is able to give you any meaningful information about why it is failing.

Community Advisor

Hi @vijays80591732 

I see not just custom plugins, but few OOTB plugins are also not rendering in second screenshot (higher env). I have few questions.

• Plugins always not rendering in higher env?
  • Is there a custom JS for RTE (show/hide options)?
  • Rendering all plugins without custom plugins?
  • When plugins are not rendering, inspect and check if they are hidden or not being rendered.
  • Check if there are any errors in console.

Sharing above info would be helpful.

-AG

Community Advisor

@vijays80591732 Did you check the policy of the component in the editable template ? 

• Go to your editable template
  • The click the settings symbol of the your component

Veena_Vikram_0-1616415829080.png

Under the Policy section on the right hand , you can enable the plugins you need

Veena_Vikram_1-1616415894216.png

Check this and see if this helps to solve your issue.

If this is the issue , then make sure you move the policies too to your higher regions when you move content from Lower to Higher regions

Thanks

Veena

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vijays80591732,

Possible cause would be conflict of JS - See if the custom RTE plugins are dependent on Coral UI 2 or Coral UI 3. 

Look for "Source" section in Developer tools as you load the page and the component with RTE. (Complete JS files. In particular, OOTB JS files that are loaded in higher environment and lower environment) and also the console errors. 

Thanks Vijayalakshmi for your answer. The issue is something related to the service pack. In my local, I''m using 6.4.3 where I'm not seeing any issues. The issue reproduce only with the 6.4.8 SP and all my higher environments using 6.4.8. Will raise a day care ticket for the same.

Community Advisor

Do you see any JS error in Console when you open the RTE ?